Monday, August 8, 2011

Painting Class at Senior Citizen Day Care- Jacksonville, FL

Hello Friends,

Today was a blessed day in my life. I visited "Peaches Na Basket" Senior Citizen Day care, Jacksonville, FL. I  am excited to say that I am  their new Art Teacher. More than 10 senior citizens participated in the class today. We painted greeting cards together. They dedicated the cards to their loved ones and mailed it, some said that they will personally hand the cards to them. Everybody was so co-operative and talented. Please see some pictures I clicked after they made their cards. They were so excited to see their pictures and one lady said to me "Oh I don't look so good" - We smiled and said - "You look beautiful!!"

Today was first time we met but they were very comfortable with my instructions and followed it step by step. I can not express in words the happiness and emotions on their face after they created the card. One lady said - I will mail this card to my daughter and she will cherish this card forever, even after I am gone someday".That's when I realized how lucky I was in playing a role in something that was so important to them and thanked God that he gave me this opportunity. I will always cherish these moments.






3 comments: